PET CARE AND PAYMENT
- Pet care services will be provided and charged PER VISIT.
- Rates for subsequent services are subject to change.
METHOD OF PAYMENT
- Check (make payable to Shawn's Pet Sitting)
- Return Check Fee: $80
TIME OF PAYMENT
- 50% Deposit is due at the time of booking.
- Remainder of payment; 7 days before service
- Cash and personal checks may be left on the counter at the time of service.
- Electronic payments must be paid in full 7 days before start of service/Holidays are 100% at booking.
- No Postdated checks will be accepted.
- A Holiday Seasonal Rate Period of $10 per extra visit will be charged beginning one business day prior and through to the holiday and include the first business day after the holiday.
Example: Memorial weekend - Friday +$10, Saturday +$10, Sunday +$10, Monday +$20 (the holiday)
*This example assumes one visit per day.
- The Thanksgiving Season commences the day before the holiday and ends the Monday after.
- The Christmas Season begins the day before Christmas Eve through New Year’s Day.
- A Holiday Rate of $20 per visit will be applied to New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Easter, Mother’s Day, Memorial Day, Father’s Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- Shawn’s Pet Sitting uses a block schedule and will visit at the requested times as closely as possible. However, if caring for multiple pets, the times may be shifted to accommodate clients. Pets requiring time sensitive medication will be seen at set times.
- Morning (7am - 10am), Midday (10am - 1pm), Afternoon (1pm-4pm) Evening (4pm - 7pm).
- Pet Sitting visits are 7 days a week beginning at 7:00 am ending at 7:00 pm.
- Office hours are from 10am to 4pm Monday through Saturday, Closed Sunday.
- The deposit is required to reserve a date and time for any services.
- All new/current/established will need to pay 50% non-refundable deposit
- All new/current/established clients during the Holidays will need to pay 100% non-refundable deposit
- If you do not reserve a date, it may be given to another client in need of care.
- It is best to plan at least two weeks in advance for services needed.
- I will try to accommodate last minute requests as best as possible, but there is no guarantee that I will be available.
- Same day requests for current clients are charged $10 service fee
- Shawn’s Pet Pet Sitting reserves the right to deny reservation requests.
All bookings are first come first serve. I do not hold dates without deposit.
LATE DEPARTURE/EARLY RETURN
- We understand that plans change, flights are cancelled or delayed, and life happens! However, we are unable to rebook time slots cancelled with short notice.
- You will still be responsible for the visits you booked, because we have set that time aside exclusively for your pets.
- It is usually not a problem to extend care beyond the scheduled end date if you are delayed in your return home, but please let us know that your pets will need extra care as soon as possible.
- This policy is applicable to all services and to all clients, new or current.
- There are no cash refunds unless the pet is deceased or Shawn’s Pet Sitting cancels.
- After cancellation, the money paid will be deemed as a credit and can be utilized for services no later than 1 year after the cancellation date.
- *We do not issue refunds. Deposits credited to your account expire in 1 year.*
- Because we are an appointment-based business, early notification if your plans have changed is required; The earlier the better! Reservations that are cancelled with little to no notice may cause us to lose a reservation we have turned down in order to care for your pets. For this reason, we reserve the right to enforce the following cancellation policies
A cancellation fee will be incurred for any cancellations less than 7 days from the first scheduled visit:
- 8 days or more days notice - full credit towards a future pet sit
- 7 days or less days notice - payment is non-refundable
Pet Sitting visits (Non-Holiday) –
A 50% deposit is required for all services. If any pet sitting visit is canceled 8 days or more before service starts, the deposit goes to credit; if any pet sitting visit is canceled less than 7 days before service starts, the deposit, and any payments made, are non-refundable.
If no deposit or payment has been made, you will be billed for all visits.
Holiday visits – If your reservation includes a holiday, we require FULL PAYMENT to reserve your spot. ALL PAYMENTS are non-refundable. A month's (4 weeks) notice is required to receive a 100% deposit as a credit. If we do not receive a cancellation communication in the portal at least 4 weeks before the first date of service of a holiday booking, your entire deposit will be forfeited. We do NOT overbook on holidays to ensure that your pets receive quality care, and holiday pet sitting is extremely high in demand.
**Please consider the status of the COVID-19 pandemic carefully when choosing service dates. This far into the pandemic I can rarely make exceptions to my cancellation policy. I appreciate your understanding.
WHY DO I HAVE A CANCELLATION POLICY?
I have awesome clients who are extremely important to me. I take pride in providing the best care possible to your pet so having a cancellation policy ensures that all parties will be treated in an equitable manner. Because there are a finite number of hours in a day and demand for my services continues to grow, I book services weeks, sometimes months, in advance. I try to never turn my clients away but sometimes that does happen and I don’t maintain a waitlist for pet sitting.
If a cancellation occurs I have no way of reselling that time. My cancellation policy is the same for everyone and is always available on my website and in your contract. This transparency allows me to schedule clients who are serious about using my services and understand in advance that my cancellation policy is in place to be fair to all. I hope you understand and thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Shawn’s Pet Sitting does not issue refunds of any kind.
If you cancel services after making full payment, you will receive a credit to your account minus any applicable cancellation fees. Exceptions may be made if your pet is deceased or Shawn's Pet Sitting cancels.
Account credits expire after 1 year